Saturday, January 15, 2011

Mon Alisa Design for Craft Relief and some damn insightful coasters


Lavender and vintage chain "bit-bob" Necklace


Vintage plastic spiked floral earrings


"Seraphina" handpainted, bead embroidered
lace earrings 

"Tweet"  made from vintage curtain fabrics and ribbon
Above are a selection of goodies that I am contributing to Craft Relief. Each piece is a one-off. 
I was hoping to have these sent already however a short stint in hospital thwarted my plans, don't fret...I'm o.k :) So Monday morning it'll have to be. 

On a somewhat separate note, I'm currently moving around all the bits and bobs in my kitchen. We bought a lovely old pantry and cupboard. It's very pretty and functional but as a result my kitchen is rather messy. I'm still trying to find space for everything!  I was becoming flustered and grumpy. When the time came to find a home for these coasters I stopped and took a moment.


A moment to be bloody thankful for the mess and for all the wonderful things in life that I all too often take for granted. It stopped me dead in my tracks, turning a negative attitude into a positive one.

It sounds corny I know. They're coasters for heavens sake! But they gave me a swift kick in the pants today and I love them all the more for it.  

Alisa x 

3 comments:

Tina said...

Miss Alisa, you are an absolute treasure! I love your beautiful items that you are contributing to craft relief and will be following your link!! Now, sweet girl... what is this about a short stay in hospital?? I hope that you are ok!! Sending you all my love (and a red garland):D Hugs to you ~ txx

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Oh wow, why wasn't i following you before?? Gorgeous work, wow wee, those earrings are especially fabulous!! Hope you're ok, love Posie

Betty Jo said...

The irony of those Brisbane coasters...used for catching the overflows!
Pop over to youwillalwaysfindme.bolgspot.com to remember how your kitchen was before!
I would love to see some shots of the new cupboards!
xLiz