Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Last Stop Ambledown Brook Bed & Breakfast

Over the past weekend we packed our bags to enjoy a family weekend away with the in-laws. The destination was a Bed & Breakfast in close vicinity to the ACT. Well, i can tell you right now that this place blew my socks off! Never have I stayed in such an amazing place! An old train carriage converted into the loveliest accommodation with such attention to detail. Here are some photos of just a few of the features in our cabin.....








The sink was very popular with the children! As was the dining room, filled with David and Jenny's cool collection of vintage movie posters, valentine day cards and other quirky goodies. Being a collector of trinkets myself I felt completely at home here. David and Jenny were so warm and welcoming. They make really good coffee too!



Below is the corner of of the lounge area in Rob and Liz's carriage. It has a retro theme. Right up my alley!

And this is the view from the main house. Isn't it spectacular!


I really didn't want to go but life goes on and we headed off home. I'm sure we'll be back though!

For more details on this amazing place head on over to their website here.

Now to deal with the laundry.....poo!

Alisa x

1 comment:

Sarah B said...

What a great place - looks like so much fun!