Thursday, September 23, 2010

Getting there.....

Well the inner framing is up and today we poured the new concrete floor. My hubby has worked so hard. The window is from our old house. It was removed during renovations made to my former kitchen. I like having a bit of our first home included in my studio space. It feels nice :)

A brand new floor to the shop. No more cracks or clumps of dirt. Nice and smoooooth (I love that word!)

Hayden has also dug out space to connect power out to the shed. The electrician will be visiting us soon!

And as always, Obi was there to help. My big boy :)


It's starting to get exciting! I'm going to start fiddling around with lampshades today. I have a concept in mind but I'm not sure whether it will work or not. It involves rusty colanders and loads of television wire.....My fingers are already starting to hurt just thinking about it!

Have a lovely day everyone!

Alisa x

3 comments:

Shabby Vintage Junk said...

Hello Alisa....!

Geez.....Your VERY OWN studio....Lucky LUCKY you.... :o) !!

I can't wait to see the finished space....!!!

Cheers for now from Brenham Texas,
Tamarah :o)

FABRICOTTI notperfectbutnice said...

This looks fantastic! I'm looking forward to seeing the end result!

Kellie Collis said...

That is wonderful! I'm looking forward to the outcome of your shop. Keep us posted! Kellie xx